The Knowledge Center offers a variety of print and non-print materials plus access to electronic journals and databases. We subscribe to the full text of over 135 electronic journal titles. The Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC), which represents our print collection, is on the web with over 110,000 records. The collection is mainly in English with some titles in French. The photo library has over 1,000 records and can be accessed via Flickr.
The Knowledge Center collections in agriculture and life science disciplines represent 50 years of cutting-edge research by IITA and partners.
The Knowledge Center at headquarters provides easy and quick access to the information that researchers need to work productively and cost effectively regardless of their location.
The services on offer include the following:
- Online access to the full text of the research output of IITA scientists since inception in the IITA Bibliography
- Online access to the full text of IITA publications in the IITA Bibliography
- Online access to the full text of current journal articles in over 135 journals. (includes collaboration with all other CGIAR center libraries)
- Access to the full text of journal articles in 145 journals via TEEAL (spell out)
- Access to various electronic databases like CABDIRECT, CGVLibrary (centralized access to libraries, catalogs, and databases held by CGIAR centers) and AJOL (African Journals Online) and so on
- Internet / Database searches
- Assistance for retrieval from the shelves
- Electronic delivery of documents to scientists
- Interlibrary loan (local and international)
- Access to images in the image gallery on Flickr
- Reference service (via e-mail, on-line chat, live-support requests, phone, or at the circulation desk)
- Lending of books and journals
- Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI)
- Distribution of relevant IITA publications to staff, donors, partners and other interested users.